Tuesday, July 17, 2012

When the only thing left to amuse is cheese.

I've got the thesis blues, baby.

My idea is stupid! I can't research. What was I thinking? There is no data on my topic. I will not be breaking any new ground here.

Unfortunately for me, and those around me, I am not channelling my unrest into productive home-making, crafting, sewing, cooking or any of the other distractions that a gal like me might ordinarily turn to. No, I am just miserable, tired and cross.

What a bore!

All feelings only compounded by the .... compound!

There may be a new splash of paint around the pool walls (think grey - the most alive and party-going shade of,) and some new toys in the haus win, but the days are the same as they always were.

There may be some new fridges and freezers at the supermarket, but the shelves are stocked as they always were - with whatever remains in unpacked boxes.

On this point - the world's largest block of mozzarella is back, just waiting for someone to attempt to lift it into their trolley. At a bargain price of around 500 kina, and weighing in at around 20kg, it is not the cheese for everyone. In my malaise and general despondency, I did consider buying it yesterday.

No doubt, it would have been packed into a single plastic bag, as though it was of a more pedestrian size.

Of course this is only speculation, and I await the time when I actually see an attempt on scanning this thing through the checkout. (If you cannot get a visual on the size of this thing - think a standard full-size pillow). This is what we're dealing with here, folks.

Anyway, must go. Back to staring at the razor wire!


No comments:

Post a Comment