Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A birth.

Our boy has been born. Now our family has a small pink grunting bundle that comes with us everywhere, and I am lucky enough to once again experience the total euphoria, confusion, emotion, love and fatigue that a new small person brings to your life.
I smell his head, and it reminds me of exactly the same period in life when our girl was a week or two old. Such a distinctive and warm smell, and it links my present directly with the past of two years ago. Amazing.
I lie in bed at night listening to the chorus of grunts coming from the basket, and happily drift off to sleep knowing he is happy, as opposed to listening for every breath, to ensure there is life. Oh how I am loving the added comfort that comes with kind of knowing what I am doing this time.
And there is so much love flowing in all directions. It is beautiful to have created siblings that will grow together, and it is so awesome to have done it with my partner on the dancefloor. Happily, we have adjusted to a life together as parents, and I feel less inclined to kick his sleeping body in the bed while doing a 2am feed this time around.
We both still wonder how we ended up with two car seats in the back of a station wagon .... it all seemed to happen so fast. We were cool and fun and happening not that long ago!
And now - we are family.
It totally rocks.
Feeling the love love love from all angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment