Sunday, December 18, 2011

A complicated life, whether it be two or 35 years old.

Noone told me what it was like to transition away from your single child and into the vast endless universe of two.

At week three of new sibling, our lady has hit the wall.

"No More Brother!" to quote her, precisely.

What can I say to her? The baby is kind of dependent on me for survival. Not her problem though.

I understand her pain, but the new kid on the block deserves a chance.

Complicated!

Summary at this point in time: it's raining, both are asleep much too late in the day, I have Tom Waits and a glass of red wine. Hmmm.

Seems a wiser activity choice than reading any literature that assures me all of this is 'normal'.

Am ready with open arms for the day when post-partum hormonal imbalance has finally passed, my girl is happy with her mini-universe, and we settle into the groove of abnormal, underslept, transitional, new-baby life for a little while.







No comments:

Post a Comment