Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Panda and my taxes.

I must admit that I had a little chuckle when I watched a news interview last night with one of the partners of the Sea Shepherd dudes who was detained on the Japanese whaling ship. For starters her name was 'Panda', and for second-starters, she had feathers coming out of her hair in the most hilarious manner, and thirdly - her crochet top and tattoos made it hard for me to hear her argument as anything beyond what I might have heard from the 19 year old selling Green Left Weekly at Sydney Uni in 1995.

My point: Taking yourself seriously is one thing, but if you want the world to follow suit .... maybe you should consider wearing a suit. They are generic and capitalist of course, but they have an incredible power to neutralise appearance which isn't always such a bad thing, 'Panda'.

I'm not exactly working at the moment, but if I was - I don't know how I feel about my taxpayer dollars funding the rescue mission for Australian hippy pirates. How do the highly trained Customs dudes feel about the trip to the Southern Ocean to rescue some detained dreadlocks? Not sure.

God, I am sounding a bit right wing. Must be all the cricket I've watched on Channel 9. Hope to rebalance soon.



2 comments:

  1. LOL. The suit made me laugh so hard. As taxpayers, we have the right to know where our taxes go. Also, we have different views about it. Like everything else, taxes have pros and cons too. But what matters most is that we benefit from our taxes in one way or another, right? =)

    -Darcy Grubaugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post. I appreciate your blogs because they are really good. Please go to this website If you interested for Matched betting.

    ReplyDelete