Thursday, July 29, 2010

Misc.

One thing I really love about Port Moresby is that wherever, whenever I am reversing my car, there will be someone there with a friendly hand to direct traffic and guide me out. I love this free service, even when it leads me to parking in places I didn't want to or my car pointing in the wrong direction. Even when it comes to this, I still wave my thank you and keep smiling:



In other news, this week I had to undertake the at-home invention test with corn. As now is the case - I felt the presence of George, Matt and 'that other guy' watching over me in the kitchen as the clock struck 7.30. I had 60 minutes to prepare a nutritious family meal that was tasty, creative and featured the key ingredient. I didn't know what I was doing, or where it was going to go, and I knew the judges were a bit worried about my lack of a plan/direction. In the madness of it all I started to boil water - just because. And then I just went free-form (man). Outcome: potato cakes with haloumi and lemon served on corn + red pepper salsa with a coriander/lemon/garlic sauce. It was full of pretty colours and lots of nutrients. Success!
*****
One thing you never want to see your baby do in the supermarkets of Port Moresby (or any place) is lick the handle of the shopping trolley while you are pulling something off the shelf.

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment