Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mould Catcher

I spent a lot of the weekend chasing mould - it just keeps cropping up. I guiltily and diligently keep the AC going for hours at a time to STAMP OUT mould, but I am losing the battle. Much of Emerald's infrastructure ended up on the lawn in the sun, it looked like a garage sale.

And as for the "GREAT DEBATE" last night, it was a long hour that saw me drift over to unpacking the dishwasher and straightening the tea towel drawer. What does this say?

In another slightly odd moment over the weekend, I found myself standing in the kitchen, staring out the window wondering what it would be like to vote Liberal ... "Why not? ... What difference would it really make? ... Maybe I'd like it? ..."
As soon as I caught myself in this zone, I ran up the stairs and changed out of my crisply ironed Country Road shirt (thankfully collar still turned down) and pulled on a second hand tee bought from the Fly Market with the sleeves cut off and and an unhappy looking animal on front declaring 'Wanted Alive'. Much better.

And Masterchef ... as my beloved declared this morning "now we can get our lives back". We sat around until 9.30pm last night for it to begin, and were engrossed ... endured regional ads .... engrossed .... endured more regional ads .... fatigued ... started to doubt why we were still on the lounge at 11pm ... watched more regional ads and then finally saw Adam get showered in pretty gold sparkles and of course - cry. What a great dessert though! Oh how I want to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment