Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hot and sweaty.

Gee those little google map pins annoy me. One light brush of the mouse in a way that the map doesn't dig and suddenly the map is telling me where the park in the Melbourne CBD is in relation to Argentina. When you see those dotted red lines that indicate where you are in relation to the equator, you know your map pin has gone global. Not very helpful if you are just trying to work out where the off-street parking is.

After suffering all week from what can only be described as a mystery tropical illness that has so far defied all traditional medical investigations, I was ready to hit the road again with my trainer. Since we last met, her pregnancy has obviously progressed .... and there I was, dragging my tired ass behind her pregnant belly once more. With a spring in her voice and step she announced that we were doing 'Pyramids'. No - I had not heard of it either. If I may translate: her happy and fun 'Pyramid' was in fact 30, that's t-h-i-r-t-y laps of the oval in the foul morning sun. Never had it looked more like a jail yard to me. Hell!

It is seriously hot at the moment. When every day is basically 30 degrees or so, it does seem quite odd to single out particular hotties. This week I have declared on at least two occasions (with questionable authority, given that I live in an air-conditioned palace) that 'It is HOT today'. A few things set these days apart, and I know on waking. The air feels prickly, it just isn't nice to be skin to skin with my baby, touching the curtains to open them is unbearable because the fabric is just too damn blanket-like and I find myself squinting and reaching for the sunscreen when I am making a cup of tea at 7am.

My arms are outstretched and ready to embrace the wet season ... any time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment