Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Sec and the Saw.

Honestly, it seems as though the only tradies who are actually pulling a full day's work in Moresby are the ones above and around my house with the rotating saw. As I understood, from trusted sources and from on-the-ground first hand research experience - very little happens after lunch, EVER.

Hillary Rodham Clinton is on the ground as of this afternoon. This is big news! When I was explaining to our haus meri who she was, I did not want to say "Bill Clinton's wife" .... but it was unavoidable. It did help the penny drop, but I didn't feel good about it. Sorry Hillary, I know how much that pisses you off. She is visiting PNG for what appears to be hours not days, doing a circuit from the airport to Government and Parliament House and the US Embassy. What I can't believe is that maybe Hillary will drive past Boroko Foodworld. That seriously blows my mind.

Thing you see in PNG that is never a good sign #48:

A group of men running with large sticks and/or metal implements towards waiting vehicle. (Hope they have made their getaway before Hills comes through this afternoon)

Thing you never want to see as a mother #24:

Your kid who cannot walk and has never had an interest in the stairs before - at the top of the stairs smiling down at you looking quite chuffed, but as though she is really in need of a rest and is about to recline ... into the vacant air.

No comments:

Post a Comment