Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Yes, this really is my life. At least today.

This morning I was reminded that tomorrow our house would be hosting the 'baby-group' i.e. the employer-sponsored 3 hr morning tea for the ladies, and that I should buy some provisions. Hokey-dokey then!
And off I trotted to the shops, like a good boss meri.

I will admit that I quite like the pride the ladies take in hosting this shin-dig, and am generally amused at how the financial support, blessing and even the home of the boss meri are completely overlooked when who is hosting these days is being considered, i.e. it is not and never will be me.

The food I bring back is always carefully placed in a 'baby-group-do-not-touch' kind of zone, just to make sure we did not eat the bright pink lamingtons for dinner, for example. I understand the spatial delineations of this routine now, it has been made crystal clear.

But when the spare fridge got fired up today for two loaves of pizza bread (yes, that's a spare ENORMOUS fridge and an empty freezer up top), I felt I had to step in.

Umm .... do you need this fridge for anything else, or was it just the two loaves of bread?
Okay - then I think they can probably just go in the existing fridge which is not full and can easily accommodate.

And with a degree of hesitation that was great enough to be observable to the naked eye, the bread was taken out and put in with the more common, every day food.

Oh well - it will make a good story for the ladies on the day! They can have fun sitting around, eating cake talking about the crazy boss meri while I make myself scarce upstairs and spend 3 hours pretending that I do not live in my house.

Once more, today I have asked myself how it has come to this.




No comments:

Post a Comment