Sunday, February 5, 2012

Loser of the week goes to:

The 'man' who thought it okay to beat up a woman in the middle of the day at one of the busiest, most public intersections in Port Moresby causing a massive traffic build up and slowing down/confusing all public transport.

So disgusting.

There was nothing I could have done, but I did wonder if perhaps one of the many burly guys who were casually waiting for their bus and looking on might have been able to assist? No, of course not. Endemic.

As we drove past the scene I started talking to my two year old passenger, desperately trying to avert attention to the other side of the car (successful!). I looked at the bus stop one last time, and saw a little boy around the same age, sitting there with his grandmother with front row seats. Totally non-plussed. Even they were nothing more than casual onlookers.

In sum: very happy I live in a parallel universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment