Monday, August 9, 2010

Ladies of the week:

I've gotta say - this whole 'work' caper is really making it hard to manage my online life. Just as I bloomed and developed many different online identities and became an active participant across social networking sites - it has all come to a terrible halt. I hope Yoko Ono isn't too upset that I haven't tweeted for over a week - she really deserves more as one of the 9 people who are following me on Twitter.
There is a great name in the wings for anyone feeling a bit subversive about the demands on your time these superficial activities place ... and it is called Tw*tter. And everyone who uses it is a Tw*t.
I have been on Twitter for weeks and I still don't really understand what's going on, or how some random people came to be following me, or why. Why does Carla Perez give a hoot? And who the hell is she?
***
I saw Julia last night completely nail one hour of Q&A. Julia - I want to be you. I don't want to make too much of it, but it is as though she overheard my critique of her rise to power and subsequent campaign strategy last week, on the eve of her shift in tactics. Since then she has played it exactly as I had hoped, and it is working for her. Julia - all you had to do was ask, I'm always here for you! On the upside - it means I can stop reading the policy documents of the Greens and Democrats (yes - they do exist but could definitely do with a nice injection of funding to bring their website into the year 2000), and can just vote. I even tried to read policy documents on Tony's side ... it felt strange. In fact I realised that I was reading with a screwed up face, and as I was at 'work' - I made a snap decision that some things would just never be for me and got back to the job at hand.
***
And as for Naomi Campbell - bi-atch!!! Super sonic biatch. Was I hearing things, or did she actually describe her appearance at the ICC as a huge 'inconvenience'? Yes, Naomi, I suppose you could describe the prosecution process for those charged with war crimes as an inconvenience. Imagine being a victim of war crimes though! Now that would be really really sucky. Darlink, just tell me who did the bun, it's been on my mind ever since it graced my (very wide-but-not-quite-high-enough-to-capture-it-all) TV screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment