Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bringing home the bacon


I start some casual work today and I am already in mourning for the loss of my lazy afternoons and no need to be anywhere, ever. It's also been a while since I've been employed on a casual basis (ie. it's been a while since I was 14 years and 9 months and eligible for the minimum check-out chick wage). Someone suggested we should have a coffee and I wondered aloud if I a) would be allowed to in the time I was working and b) if I would have to reflect the 15 minute break in my timesheet. On the flipside - I will not be shy in recording any late departures from work, whether it be an additional 2 or 3 minutes, so I guess the arrangement works both ways.

It is so much nicer to be on nice fat salary and take coffee breaks whenever the hell I want for as long as I want. It just doesn't seem fair that less money also means a less interesting job and a less flexible work environment.

Q.) How did I get to this place?
A.) Motherhood.

Solution:
Must take anti-discrimination placards to new job today and place them around my desk so that everyone who approaches me with an enquiry about how to lodge their vote for the Federal Election from PNG is aware that they are in some way complicit with the decline of my career and earning potential.

Work Ethic Status since I was last actually employed: In decline.

***
In other news - some more snaps from Moresby. There is so much that I don't get pictures of that is gritty and vibrant and interesting. Still wondering how I might walk up to a group of people and flash my camera and in turn, flash them. It's tricky.





1 comment:

  1. hello my friend! warm greeting ^^!
    your blog looks nice 0_0

    by the way,
    if you need to find unique fonts, you can go to our website.

    best regards;

    ReplyDelete