Thursday, July 21, 2011

The end of the affair.

Like a heartbroken human who is not ready to let go, I have spent the morning pouring over my remaining holiday snaps, smiling with tear stung-eyes as I am transported back to those rosy days. Whhhyyy did my holiday have to break up with me? We seemed so happy together, everything felt so .... right.

It really is like a break up. I can't focus on the now, everything reminds me of then (completely untrue as current situation bears not a scrap of resemblance to salad days in Asia - only written for dramatic effect).

Of course, what I should have been doing all morning is work. Uni is in full swing, from what I understand of my current suite of subjects, I really should have designed and built a dynamic new urban centre and solved the conflict between sustainable development and global investment in the developing world by now. It is, after all - Friday.

All I am capable of in reality, is superficially scanning documents ... and then returning to touch up my holiday snaps. A few of my current favourites are posted down below.

Highlights of my week: two, yes t-w-o midweek school night dinners with fellow inmates. Dinner #1 was to celebrate a birthday (I now know the real value of the pizza stone, why I thought we could create pizza goodness without it I do not know) and Dinner #2 was to mark the end of the compound sentence for some of our buddies. Curries, wine and a few tears. Friends and laughter are the bomb at all times, but in particular for a girl who is only in the first stage of a horrible break up (pure devastation).

Next stage: rebound.

But to where/what/who? (Hopefully my uni work).









No comments:

Post a Comment