Thursday, July 14, 2011

The eternal love.

The time has come to bid Asia farewell. Strangely, we've had two Italian meals in the last 24 hours ... we shall make up for it tonight.

Today we shopped, proper-like. I learned that I require the biggest size available of undies in a department store (I know this, because the nice lady measured my ass with a tape measure, just to make sure), and my guy learned that he simply cannot buy trousers or shoes in this country (no tape measure required - everyone just knew). Our child learned how to press buttons incessantly on all lifts, and the whole family learned what an awesome place Singapore is to have a kid and be pushing a pram around. The most unexpected people will apologise and step aside for a man and pram (drunk bankers, for example) ... and everyone loves our kid .... and everywhere has very cool baby chairs.

It's an oasis, I never knew such a place could exist.

And tonight, we will bunker down one last time in a 5 star king size bed, and return to the room to find our sheets pulled back and slippers laid out, before awaking to have a 2 hour buffet breakfast. Ahhh. This is life.

Next stop - Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment