Monday, July 18, 2011

She came down with a bump.

I think it is safe to say there is no comedown greater and more complete than marking the end of a wonderful holiday with a return to the compound.

Not that I mean to sound negative ....

The tick tock of compound life continues on its merry way, as it has always done: the leaf blower, the pool guy, the concrete walls, the razor wire, and the soapy delicious water pouring down from above right onto the chairs outside every time the people upstairs clean their balcony.

Yes, some things in life are certain.

Our little girl however, is thrilled. I suppose the pace of holiday life got weary for her, and now she is safely wrapped up in the predictability of her days and nights again. Having said that, we continue to work on a bedtime that is pre-9pm and are entirely to blame for this undesirable predicament.

Holidays always have a little bit of a sting I suppose, in that they end. And one must step back into reality, which usually is not aware of you ever leaving and forces you to pick up where you left off and continue on your way.

*cue tantrum* I DON'T WANT TO GO BAAACK * cue tantrum* I DON'T WANT TO GO BAAACK* cue tantrum* I DON'T WANT TO GO BAAACK * cue tantrum *


No comments:

Post a Comment